Self portrait vs Selfie


     A selfie is a picture taken by oneself with a smartphone. It's easily disposable and easy to take another 'selfie' if you don't like the picture. A self-portrait is a picture taken with a camera of oneself that has more thought put into it. It usually tries to show an aspect of oneself. I believe the difference is that a selfie is usually taken on a smartphone and a self portrait is taken on a camera, and a selfie is easier to take/more disposable. 
      I prefer looking at a self portrait because I can better appreciate the art and thought put into it. A selfie is very common, and it doesn't take much talent to take one. I think that the self portrait is more valuable/important because it takes more time, effort, and thought put into it to make a good one, and it's a very valuable photography skill. 
     However, a selfie can sometimes be a self-portrait in some cases. If the situation is well thought out, then there are certain techniques to have a selfie be a self portrait. Usually we think of a selfie being a quick, careless picture only captured for social media, but sometimes people can make selfies for an artful purpose. This is not the common purpose of a selfie though, so I stand by my opinion that self portraits are more valuable. 

My selfie:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Photo Preview

Landscape Preview