Favorite pictures of 2017



This was one of my favorite pictures of the year because it represented how the media industry grew and connected with the audiences' struggles more. This shows how much the actresses empathized with the characters they played, and this movie set an example for many outstanding movies to come. 

This picture was one of my favorites because of the beautiful symmetry. I love how this picture captures the many conflicting emotions going through Trump's mind with his inauguration. All of the attention is on Trump in this picture, and the doors serve as a gateway to him being the new president.

I love this picture and it is one of my favorites because it shows how passionate all the women were in the women's march. When Trump was elected, it was a very vital time for women to step forward, and this photo proves they did. The mass of pink hats and signs all mesh together into one big group of the women's protest. 


Interests this year:



1. My favorite song of 2017 had to be Shape of You by Ed Sheeran. It was #1 on the billboard's top 100, which makes a lot of sense. Sheeran composed a beautiful album, mixing pop songs with his personality and little acoustic twists, while somehow meshing rap into the album as well. I've never seen an artist do this before, and his work is very original. Shape of You is the star of the album, capturing the upbeat acoustic vibe of all of the songs in that one.



2. My favorite movie from 2017 was Hidden Figures because of the massive movement it showed. The acting was incredible, and it represented the true story behind it very well. I believe that this movie was a huge step forward for women - uncovering such important information about these women and beautifully representing it in art. The movie mixed humor, interest, and historic facts all at once. 

3. I think that Donald Trump's inauguration was a huge story to 2017, but when he fired FBI director James Comey, I found myself very compelled to learn every bit about it I could. I found this story intriguing - learning what lengths a president can go to. I was astounded by how much he was able to get away with that time. 


4. As for the most important person of the year I think that would have to be the movement fighting against gender based and sexual violence. This was such an important part of our year, and I think that people really started to open their minds up to many new possibilities. People really fought for their beliefs and who they are, which is a good base for years to come. 

5. I think that the most important sports story would have to be that Russia was banned from the Olympics. This was the first big action so that everyone could see that Russia was being punished for what they did. This was very public, so their was no way that people could avoid the matter or sweep it under the rug. 

My Holiday

1. Something fun that I did over the holiday was hanging out with my friends on New Years Eve. It was probably my favorite part of the break, and I thought it was a nice change from the rest of the break. 
2. My New Years' resolutions are to be healthy, take care of my head, get above a 95 in my classes, and ask for what I need. 
3. I'm looking forward to more school opportunities opening up. I will be trying out for Silver Stars soon in 2018, and I'm excited for the possibilities it could bring!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Photo Preview

Landscape Preview