Student of the Month Story

Who- Ella Waggoner
What- Student of the month award
When- Last thursday
Where- Bowie
Why- she deserved it
How- she was voted into it

Student of the Month Story

Last Thursday, sophomore Ella Waggoner was awarded the prestigious student of the month award at Bowie.

Due to her hard work and determination, Waggoner was voted into the position by her peers.

"Being student of the month has definitely boosted my confidence because people have so much faith in me," Waggoner said.

The student of the month position requires high grades and great leadership skills.

"I try to keep high A's and high B's," Waggoner said.

The Principal ultimately gets an opinion in who should receive the award as well.

"I always see Ella working hard and including everyone," Principal Mark Robinson said. "She is exactly the student Bowie needs.

All students at Bowie know about the award, and although it's competitive, they're proud of Waggoner.

"I'm so proud of how hard Ella worked," sophomore Gabby D'angelo said.

Bowie usually advertises their Student of the Month, and gives them public duties.

"I think it gives people an image of me," Waggoner said. "They think I'm the poster child at Bowie."

Candidates for Student of the Month have to have friends who will vote them into the position and advocate for them.

"Be nice to everyone because flattery will get you anywhere," Waggoner said.

Undoubtedly, the position requires help and support from friends, teachers, and parents.

"My teachers and friends have helped me the most in this process," Waggoner said. "Mostly my teachers though."

Teachers were involved in the voting process as well, and aided Waggoner in the process.

"Ella is one of the most hardworking students I've ever taught," teacher Betsy Cornwell said. "She is always sweet to everyone as well."

To have such high grades, students need to spend the majority of their time studying.

"I take half regular classes and half pre-ap, so homework's an average of an hour and a half to two hours each night," Waggoner said.

Although they need to study, the candidate must be involved in extracurriculars to meet other students so they'd get elected the award.

"I do mainly theater but I dance a little as well," Waggoner said. "I'm in the drama club."

This award is one of Bowie's most iconic awards.

"Being Student of the Month, I get a sense of pride for my school and my peers," Waggoner said.

The award is only given to the most hardworking and determined people at the school.

"People who do their work, not people who let others do it for them deserve the award," Waggoner said. "People who stand up for others and work hard as well."












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Photo Preview

Landscape Preview