Architecture Preview #1


Kunsthaus Graz, Austria
1. Peter Cook and Colin Fournier
2. It was built in 2003
3. The Austrian City of Graz
4. Anyone can visit it
5. It cost $50 million to make
6. It was built as the capital of European cultural celebrations
7. I picked this building because I love Austrian history. I wanted to check this one out after seeing that it was from Austria, and I wasn't disappointed. It's very original and interesting, and almost reminds me of a submarine. It has so many windows and lights but is still very enclosed as well. 


Eden Project
1. This building was built by Nicholas Grimshaw.
2. It was build in 1998.
3. It is located in Cornwall, England, UK  
4. Anyone can visit the building. 
5. It cost £141m to build
6. It was built as a visitor centre for the public in 1998
7. I picked this building because I thought that the architecture was so original, and I had never seen anything like it. It's such a cool way to display nature, and I think it would be a really fun place to visit. It has such an eye-catching design, an I think the bubble-like effect was what initially drew me to the building. 


Habitat 67, Canada
1. This building was created by Moshe Safdie.
2. This building was built in 1967.
3. It is located in Montreal, Québec.
4. If a person wants to visit, they need to rent it.
5. It cost 17 million to make. 
6. This apartment complex was built to try and innovate apartment living. 
7. I chose this building because of how different it looked from any apartments I had ever seen. It's interesting because the majority of other architecture is seen as tourist attractions, but this is actually for the use of people in that people can rent the apartments. The history is sad, because some call it a 'failed attempt'. These apartments are still being used today though. 

Turning Torso, Sweden
1. This building was made by Santiago Calatrava.
2. The building officially opened in 2005.
3. It is located in Lilla Varvsgatan, Sweden. 
4. Anyone can visit this building.
5. It cost 550 million to make. 
6. This building was created for the purpose of a new tourist destination.
7. I chose this building because I've always wanted to visit Sweden and Scandinavia, so this would be a really cool place to visit. I've never seen any place like it before, and it's obvious that a lot of work was put into this project to create the twisting effect. This building gets Sweden a lot of tourist attraction. 

La Pedrera, Spain
1. Antoni Gaudí was the architect on this building. 
2. This building was built between 1906 and 1912
3. It is located in Barcelona, Spain.
4. This building is open to the general public.   
5. There was no cost of the building found, but it was sold for 18 million. 
6. Casa Milà was built for Roser Segimón and her husband Pere Milà originally, but is now a tourist attraction. 
7. I chose this building because I loved the interesting history. This building had a lot of controversies surrounding it, but is now highly rated and well-known. Although it had a difficult start, it is definitely a favorite of tourists now. It has so many fun colors that are cohesive, and it looks like it's literally a wave in the architecture. If I went to Spain, I would love to visit this place. 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Photo Preview

Landscape Preview