Self Portraits and Portraits Intro

2-3 best tips:

1) Experiment with Lighting
2) Experiment with subject expressions
3) Use a reflective surface for a cool effect

Environmental Portraits:


 I like this picture because of the light shining in the corner and how the fireman looks very at home in his natural element.












I like this picture because of the bright colors and how the subject looks like she's genuinely having fun.










Self Portraits:

I think this picture is really interesting because of the background and how we can see underwater a little bit too.









I like this picture because it plays with color and also how it makes viewers need to look at it for a while to fully comprehend it.












Casual Portraits:


I like this picture because of the child's expression and how he focuses on the flower.











I like this picture because of how simple it is and the line effect leading up to the subject. How the subject leans is cool too.

















My plan for the portrait assignment:

For my self portraits I'm planning on doing one as a dance photo with an effect that seems like I'm moving into the camera. I will take this in the grass in my backyard. To make the shot successful, I'll need to make sure the lighting and background is correct. For my other self portrait, I'm hoping to take a picture of just my eyes above the pool (the camera wouldn't be in the pool). I'd have to experiment with different distances of the camera from the pool to get the effect I wanted. For my portraits on others, I think I'll use my brother in front of a fence and try different facial expressions for one photo, and then have another one of him writing for school and play with perspectives and props.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Photo Preview

Landscape Preview