Post shoot reflection

1.) My main challenges for the first prompt shoot was mainly getting the correct angle for the pictures. I didn't realize how difficult it was to be in exactly the right place to get an effective picture with the right characteristics. Also, it took a conscious effort to try and have an even amount of pictures for each prompt, instead of photographing what I preferred more.

2.) I found myself working on focus the most, because I believe that no matter how pretty the picture is, if it isn't in focus, then it cannot look professional. I had a difficult time with this because of the effects on the sun through some of the trees/greenery I photographed, because it made it hard for it to focus in the camera.

3.) If I could do the same assignment again, I definitely think I would focus the most on balance and the rule of thirds. Looking back on my pictures, I realized a trend of having the center point be the main focus, and now I know that it's best to be a bit off center, I would try a different angle to coincide with that rule.

4.) I personally liked some of the lined effects I had frequently in my pictures. One specifically, where I found a line of small squares, was my favorite because the even line drew viewers' eyes to the hallway beyond it.

5.) (See other pictures of prompt shoot #1)

6.) I'd be interested in shooting with these prompts again because I'd love to see the different material I can come up with now, knowing the rules in photography. It would make my pictures much more advanced an professional and organized.

PT 2:


Positive: I loved the 'happy' picture that Elise took. The angle of the flowers was really creative and pretty. I also liked how her 'bowie' picture had the tall post, it was off-center so it drew the eye in a positive way.

Negative feedback: I feel like her 'metal' picture could have been at a more creative angle. But otherwise they're good!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Merger Photo Preview

Landscape Preview